BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 6, 2009

Stucco... Done and Done!!

I am so glad that I thought it would be a good idea to stucco the BBQ and wall myself (well, plus Grandma who is always along in my little projects!) I am not being sarcastic... I am really glad. I admit there was a point on the last day that I was so very done with stucco... but the sense of accomplishment is just amazing :0) Was this the point Grandma said... "see who needs a man?!" No, she did that when I was hanging 3 fans in the house, very heavy ones at that. She brings up a very valid point. I mean its not like I can't do everything by myself... I swear I have been for basically my whole life... but really who wants to. Maybe I should pretend to be helpless and then I won't be alone.... something to ponder I guess. But I digress...


Yes we did such a good job on the stucco job. There was a total of 3 coats... 2 base coats and then a different finish coat. None of us have ever done any stucco work so this was a learning experience. I think we did pretty good. Next time though I would so get an electric mixer.

This is what it looked like before:



Here is the first coat:



And this is it finished... well the stucco at least:


Painting, clean-up and lights are next. The top of the BBQ will have to wait for a bit... I need to get some grass in this backyard before I ship the dogs off somewhere... the dirt in the house is driving me crazy!
This is the plan for completion...
~ Run the rest of the electric (outlets and lights)
~ Paint the BBQ and wall
~ Sprinklers for the yard
~ Drip for the planter and around the yard
~ Sod
~ Build the bench on the wall
~ Brick or flagstone -probably brick because I know I can't do the flagstone alone and I don't have the money to pay someone... unless some strong man wants to come donate their time ;)
~ The top of the BBQ
~ rock and plants around the yard
Dang, there is still so much to do and money is so tight... this might take forever!! One day it will be done though... so looking forward to that! When its done... we are having a party at the house!

1 comments:

Melisa said...

Looks great! Landscape takes such work, but it is also fun! Good job!!