BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Finally... some time off!!

I finally did it! I finally took a vacation. It was so needed.

I wasn't gonna go... always think about it, but I am always too afraid of falling so behind financially that I back out. My family is always going to Rocky Point, always talking about all the fun on the beach and at the "Cardboard Mall" as they call it, and I am always missing it. But not this time! I finally broke down and went along. The kids were with their dad and now seemed as good a time as any. Oh... I will be paying for it. I already am feeling the pinch. Dang that was a lot of work to skip out on. The paychecks are gonna be tiny for the next 2 weeks... ugh! But is was so worth it.

We left last Wednesday night. Mind you I was supposed to leave on Thursday night and come back earlier. I was traveling in my motorhome (which is about to be gone ) with my Dad but at 12 on Wed afternoon he said that he wasn't going to go. So, it was either not go at all... which was probably the smart move... or leave early and basically leave work early, pack in 10 mins and get back to Grandma's before they left without me. Needless to say I forgot lots o stuff! Oh well, I made it about an hour before we left :)

We had so much fun! I found seashells, read on the beach, shopped at the "cardboard mall", drank margaritas with my family, found out what a real shakedown is... experienced all of Rocky Point. We even got to be part of the "swine flu" scariness with everyone at the border wearing masks and giving us a handout telling us what to watch out for... yikes! There was a point where I didn't think I would ever want to go again (shakedowns are scary) but I am pretty sure this girl will go again. Maybe even take the kiddos, not for awhile though. It needs to get back to what it was before our economy took a nose dive... they are really hurting down there... I feel awful for them!

Well, now it is back to reality... back to not enough money to pay the bills, three kids, two jobs, loneliness, trying to figure out how to fit school in this fall... dang, reality bites sometimes!

Oh, but Justin had the first of his band concerts on Tuesday night... my little boy is so awesome! He really is amazing... I watched him help those around them that were having trouble with the music and everything. I am so impressed with him. He has his last concert in a couple of weeks and Hannah has her choir concert next week. They make is so easy to be a Mom... make it all worthwhile... make me smile every minute of everyday! I had a long conversation with a friend on Monday night and he was telling me that he didn't want kids. He said a lot of it has to do with not wanting to put children through a situation like mine... what happens if it doesn't work out. I wouldn't want it any other way! I am so close to my kids and I know that although the divorce was horrible for all of us it is one of the reasons we are even closer than we were.

Wow! I could go on and on about them forever... but I will leave that for another time :)

1 comments:

Melisa said...

I'm glad you got some time off. And I'm glad you didn't get the flu. :o)